October 20, 2009

Artist challenged to paint commissioned work of daisies

Montauk Daisies
2009, Oil on Canvas on Board, 16 x 12"

(SOLD)
Signed lower left. Harding 09'


For clients who want to own an original Harding painting, yet want a specific subject portrayed, I offer a commission service.

Montauk Daisies is a good example of this. The client loved what they saw in another painting I did of Roses, yet their favorite flowers were Daisies.


So much so, they even have daisies painted on their fingernails. Since the fall was coming I found Montauk Daisies, which typically bloom in October. The name of these daisies conjured up images of fresh-picked flowers at a seashore beach house. So I placed the setup on a windowsill, poured sand in the bottom of the vase, and put two seashells in the foreground. Sun, streaming in through the window, completed the feeling of warmth I wanted to convey.


Currently, I am also working on commissioned paintings of a young gymnastic star and a cityscape painting of the Philadelphia sports complexes.


Have you always wanted an original painting of a family member, pet, or favorite vacation spot? Challenge me to paint what you have in mind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails